New Vienna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Upheaval

+7
AWizardDidIt
Zeria
Izdazi
Akatora13
Mormosi
Miss Tiger
Quixoticus
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Upheaval - Page 2 Empty Re: The Upheaval

Post  Miss Tiger Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Since we've got so many humans and several warlocks, I'm going to remove Kit (possibly to add later, idk) and add a different sign-up.

Name: Tabitari
Race: Orc
Profession: Warrior
Description: About 20 years old, she stands at about six and a half feet tall, is muscular, with bright green skin with a light yellowish tint, and watchful amber eyes. Her head is shaved bald except for two long, dark red boar tail. Her body is criss-crossed with scars, and the tip of her right ear has been cut off. She wears an earring in the lobe of that ear, and one in the left, as well as two in the left tip.
Miss Tiger
Miss Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 pm

@Miss Tiger: Your character change has been made.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

https://newvienna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akatora13 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Just so people know, Kwasi's being forced by the Earthen Ring to drag his new mentee, Lezzy, around Azeroth with him, so they'll be showing up together. That'll be explained a little more in our post.

I was wondering if Midnarwen (my nelf) can buddy-up with someone A-side, not necessarily S:I7, but someone with at least a government connection being that she's in the military and all.
Akatora13
Akatora13

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeria Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:41 am

If this first round of posts takes place before the Shattering, Rizno won't come into play until a while after. He's still gotta go through Kezan and the Lost Isles, unless I change up his history to be outside of Kezan working in some neutral area.
Zeria
Zeria

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 pm

It does indeed take place before the Shattering. Sorry, should have included that very distinct timeline element...haha!
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorrowrunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Lauren is fairly self important and is relatively important when it comes to stockpiling/crafting enchanted things for the military, mind if she tags along with Gabriel?
Sorrowrunner
Sorrowrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:50 am

Sorrowrunner wrote:Lauren is fairly self important and is relatively important when it comes to stockpiling/crafting enchanted things for the military, mind if she tags along with Gabriel?

I don't see the Argent Crusade or Church of the Holy Light bringing along many third parties, even if they are military suppliers. An SI:7 operative and a Scarlet Crusade emissary are reasonable enough, but a private contractor would be hard to rationalize (besides private interest, which Gabriel wouldn't condone).

Maybe Lauren can meet up later, with other characters who won't be at the meeting? I'm going to figure out the exact location of their first "mission," and once that's taken care of, you can figure out why she's there. Maybe she's looking for some missing merchandise? I'll keep you guys posted on where this destination is, as I know several characters won't be at The Slaughtered Lamb.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I've decided that the group will be heading to Alterac for their first tour. They'll be touching down in Southshore first before heading into the mountains. For characters new to the "group" and therefore not immediately part of this micro-plot, I don't care how they get tangled into the action, as long as it makes sense Smile The group will gladly join forces with any militant freelancers that have a parallel goal and want to tag along when they head into the mountains. Feel free to send me an email or get at me on MSN if you have any questions, I respond to those faster than forum posts.

EDIT: LoLCataclysm. We'll land in WPL and then head over.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercutio Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Welp, shame I put in much thought as to what I was going to be, only to end up tossing in Rothiron. Then again, I should probably RP with him some more, and he might add variety. So, here we go.

Name: Rothiron Malagan
Race: Forsaken
Profession: Arms Warrior, Duelist, Former Captain of Lordaeron
Description: Around six feet tall, with skin that turned turn pale blue from decay, with dull blond hair that halts halfway down his neck. He is clad in a gold and blue ceremonial suit of armor for Lordaeron Knights, which has many scratches from years of combat. Over this he wears a dark maroon cloak, opting to keep it up in situations where it would be beneficial. Rothiron is slightly less decayed than other Forsaken, because he takes measures to preserve himself using herbal remedies and first aid.
Mercutio
Mercutio

http://eclipsingdream.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Welcome, Rithiron. Smile
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercutio Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Posted. Hope Rothiron's entry into the story is valid. I sent an email asking about it to you a few days ago, Quix, but didn't get a response so I assumed it was okay.

If its not okay, I'll take it down upon request.

Side note, biggest ^%*&ing post I've ever made. Shocked
Mercutio
Mercutio

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey everyone! I hope you had an awesome and safe Halloween weekend! I have stable internet again so I'll be going through the emails and catching up with things in the next few days.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 am

Feel free to post questions to Gabriel, I will make responses in the next post (to keep from turning the conversation into a bunch of one-liners). I'll give a few days for characters to catch up.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:38 pm

@Zeria: Since Lucan hasn't corresponded about the situation that Gabriel is leading, I think the most reasonable step for his character would be to follow them to Alterac before making a direct approach to the group.

@Rothiron: Similarly to Lucan, since Rothiron isn't an expected member of the group, following them to Alterac before making a direct approach to the group would also be ideal.

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know!
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Dyrian's late arrival to the meeting is going to set up a short, cooperative conversation between the members of the original group (Dyrian, Guro'jintal, Kwasi, Durnae). After that, they'll reconvene in Chillwind and save on the downtime.

Meanwhile, for new character arrivals, which accounts for several RPers, sorry about the wait. From Chillwind, Gabriel and the others will be heading to Alterac to investigate a lead. Their first hard stop will be Strahnbrad, and from there, some old castle ruins in the Alterac mountains. Strahnbrad might be a good place for several characters to meet up with Gabriel and the others. If you're still looking for a good reason for your character to join the action, mercenary work/similar goal/short-term teamwork/etc. would suffice. Think it over and feel free to run anything and everything by me if you're stuck!

For the eavesdroppers that were at Slaughtered Lamb, keep in mind that if you're going to be at Chillwind, it's very likely that Gabriel or one of the others will recognize you from the tavern, as there weren't many patrons left after Gabriel entered. Recognition will likely lead to a brief interrogation, so be ready with a good excuse for your creepin'!

@Durnae, Kwasi, Dyrian: I don't know how easy it's going to be to get all four of us on at the same time to coordinate a conversation-post. If it happens shortly, in the next week, great. Meanwhile, I will at least try to orchestrate it piece by piece, so if we can't all be on to get it done, we can at least do it in parts. Contact me on msn.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeria Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 am

If that's too shoehorn-ish, I can redo/delete my post. You guys are posting at least twice as long stuff as you did on the WoW forums. Where'd that come from? Razz
Zeria
Zeria

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 am

The four of them aren't going to be quick to let a random into the fold, especially one who was eavesdropping. Their reaction would be to turn Lucan down. That doesn't mean Lucan can't still go to Chillwind and plead his case, though! So if you want to keep it as is, that's fine. They won't be accepting, but if he shows up again at Chillwind, they won't get in the way of letting him on board; he'll be another person that Gabriel will have to keep an eye on.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercutio Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 pm

There are two ways I can go with Rothiron at the moment. One, he can sneak away, report to his officials, and then join up in Alterac to further investigate, or he can accidentally alert the group and the groups reaction determines everything (I was thinking a small chase could ensue or something).

Which should it be? Personally, I think the latter would be perhaps a more interesting and maybe entertaining way to proceed, but I don't want to plop down a move like that presuming it'll be alright with everyone.
Mercutio
Mercutio

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

I think it would be more suitable to wait until Alterac. A few points:

-There are several RPers that are waiting for the action to get underway before they can even put their characters into the thread. Because of this time constraint, I'd like to get to Alterac and the Cataclysm without too much delay. After a short scene with Gabriel, Elisha, and Esbern, Alterac will get under way, and simultaneously, the Cataclysm.

-Just as the four members in the Slaughtered Lamb are reluctant to let on random eavesdropping strangers, knowing that the Twilight is already shadowing some of their members would make a chase in the middle of Stormwind dangerous for the Horde-affiliated members and also lead them into a Twilight-set trap.

The eavesdroppers can reconvene with the group in Alterac where Gabriel can sort things out. Who knows, he might not be so unwilling to let strangers aboard.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

The latest cooperative post with Gabriel, Esbern, and Elisha marks the end of the meeting stage. For characters already in play, you can go ahead and write your character into the next phase in Alterac.

After meeting in Chillwind, they'll head up into the mountains and pass through Strahnbrad. From there they will head into the mountains proper and investigate territory that was previously occupied by ogre warbands, but is now under the control of a different regime (of the Twilight flavor).

Your character will want to have a convincing reason to join the group. Preferably, sharing a similar goal in going into the Twilight-occupied territory. Depending on your character's background, you could have been serving with a military detachment, and got separated/abandoned/etc. Maybe, as you were performing research, you came under attack by Twilight or are trying to recover something/gather intelligence. As long as it puts your character in the same place as the others with a similar goal, it'll fly in Gabriel's book. The joining can be temporary, as developments in Alterac will force the characters together indefinitely.

---

Studies are pretty hectic for me right now. I will try to go through the character list this week and try to help bundle some characters together so that we don't have 5+ individual character encounters on the way. Feel free to start planning this and save some time. I've been keeping you all waiting long enough as it is.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Upheaval - Page 2 Empty Super Collaborative Action, Oyeah...

Post  Mormosi Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Me, Kwasi, and Kit are bringing in our secondary characters at Strahnbrad. After an initial post from each of us, we'll be working on a joint post to get our characters into a nice little cluster for Gabriel to pick up at Strahnbrad specifically, or on the way to Alterac. If anybody else wants to join in, there's plenty of room. Just contact one of us and we'll get to plugging your character in.

Also, me and Kwasi may be working on another, smaller joint post to get Dyrian and Kwasi to Chillwind.
Mormosi
Mormosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Tiger Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Yay, got Durnae to Chillwind! Short post is short but she's there before I leave yay!
Miss Tiger
Miss Tiger

Back to top Go down

The Upheaval - Page 2 Empty Super Deluxe Collaborative Action

Post  Mormosi Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 am

Alright, so I have a lengthy joint post (though it's really 2 smaller joint posts + separate intros attached) in my possession that will push us through Chillwind and onto Strahnbrad. Me and Sorrel will be finishing a final piece to it tomorrow, after which it will be ready for posting. Sorry for the delays. Neutral

Another joint post for Strahnbrad will, hopefully, be coming soon. Exclamation

...Good thing I've got a winter break from school. study
Mormosi
Mormosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:54 pm

((I know it's kinda late so we can put this on standby for later if you want.))

Name: Izdazi Shadowcreek
Race: Night Elf
Profession: Tracker, guide, soldier (Sentinel)
Description: Her defining characteristic (despite the Silverwing Sentinels insisting it doesn't meet protocol) are her long thin dark blue dreadlocks. She wears dark forest brown leather leggings and jerkin with an equally dark colored long sleeve shirt. Her cloak is dark green with a few patches of different shades of colors.

Instead of the raptor tooth necklace she once wore, now there's a small leaf shaped gold pendant that she usually keeps concealed under her shirt.

Izdazi's weapon of choice is still her compound and heavily modified bow. She has a pair of thin short swords that she keeps in a sheath attached to her quiver and a curved dagger in the back of her belt. The left bracer is fitted with a small crossbow that is usually kept retracted and out of way until needed and can be controlled by a few thin strings tied around her fingers.
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 am

Izdazi accepted! Happy New Year everyone!
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next