New Vienna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!))

+5
Akatora13
Mammona
Mormosi
Miss Tiger
Izdazi
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!))

Post  Lurena Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 am

Can I throw in a wrench? EHEHE.

Name: Cassira Firestride / "Demonheart"
Race: Blood Elf
Profession: Fire Mage / Jewelcrafter
Description: A blood elf with a fiery temper and red hair to match, Cassira is not to be taken lightly. At one point in her life, she was a high ranking interrogator for Silvermoon until she was sent to Outlands. There, she fell into a deep spot of trouble while on a mission to intercept an Alliance messenger. The Legion attacked and she pledged fealty to the demons to avoid death like her companions. Unfortunately, one of her riders survived and rode off to tell of her treachery. When she returned, she found wanted posters and a new name - "Demonheart." She tried to lay low and believed herself safe on a goblin pirate ship, but was soon discovered and turned in. Instead of meeting death, she found herself thrown into a life of slavery. Freedom came only after a great deal of events, and she was forced to contend with all that had happened to her alone.

Since many believed her dead since her capture, Cassira wanted to keep it that way. It was difficult, but she managed to land herself a job as a jewelcrafter in Ratchet. Keeping up an enchanted disguise as a human during business hours, Cassira began to live a double life as the human mage, Taryn Firewell. So far, it's been a fair living over the past few years since she had made a living arrangement sharing the space with a fickle goblin female. The blood elf magess has started to grow bored, however...

Very Happy

Cassira: http://emeraldwinter.deviantart.com/art/Warcraft-Commission-205811418

I've made some drawings of Cass too but they are all old and ugly so I AM NOT LINKING THEM! Anyway enjoy!
Lurena
Lurena

http://www.mistyrydia.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!))

Post  Izdazi Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 am

Bring her into the story.

/slaps the back of Lurena's head. And your art is good and I like them!
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorrowrunner Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 pm

lol nope

Last edited by Sorrowrunner on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorrowrunner
Sorrowrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Hiya Sorrowrunner,

This is the first RP thread I've ever tried leading and I'm glad it has interested you. However, I'm honestly not sure at what capacity your character can fill in this story.

With the exception of two folks who have both conversed with me privately, I'd like for most characters to be working with the primary protagonist element in the story (ie: the shamans). I don't readily see how a wealthy, sociopath, who lacks empathy and a sense of justice will find himself helping a group that has so little to return in recompense.

I'd also like to add that I'm weary of bringing in a character that has such a variety of skills at their disposal. Blink, blade summoning, etc. It offers too much potential for overpowering, which I'd like to avoid. Especially with the events soon to come in the story.

I encourage you to revisit your character and perhaps consider reigning in some of his abilities. If you have any questions, please feel to post them or reach me on MSN.

~Iz
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorrowrunner Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Name: Indiriel Dawnlance
Race: High Elf
Profession: Investigator, spell breaker, justicar, enchanter.
Description: Imposing for an elf of any sort, he stands a good half foot taller than your average blood elf, with more muscle than three put together (hyperbole), but his eyes glow just as any others' do, his hair is unnecessarily long and the purest blond. He wears what you might expect from elven elite, a medium helmet fashioned like a dragonhawk, though rather than the plate be emblazoned with flames and colored like flame, he wears the gold, but the scarlet, oranges and reds are replaced by varying degrees of purple, an all seeing eye replacing imagery of a phoenix, bolts replacing flames and an allegiance to justice replacing loyalty to a false crown.
Sorrowrunner
Sorrowrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Indiriel Dawnlance is in. Please watch out for the run on sentences, though. Smile

If you need any assistance finding a way to bring your character into the story, please contact me.
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm going on vacation starting Thursday (May 3) and for the week or so there's no promises I'll be able to log on to see what's going on. Lot's of things going on right now. Please continue writing and I'll catch up when I return.

Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Quixoticus Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Hey guys! Still here, computer won't start. I'm in the process of buying a new machine and safely transferring all my work and other personal files from the hard drive on my Macbook that I haven't backed up in two years. Lulz. Hopefully talk to you guys again on the regular next week or the week after.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

https://newvienna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chains of Command ((Sign-Ups open!)) - Page 2 Empty A Fond Farewell

Post  Mormosi Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:19 pm

As you guys have probably noticed, I've yet to post in this thread ever since signing up nearly a year ago. I suppose it's time to face facts and say that I likely won't be posting anytime soon either. While I hate to admit this, I don't see any other better option than for me to simply withdraw from the thread, despite the fact that I greatly enjoy working with everybody involved in it, as well as their characters and writing styles.

I did have a post planned up until this point, down to the innards. The majority of it is actually done, sitting in a ten-page document I never got around to finishing with the mountains of schoolwork I had to slog through during my senior year, yet I can't bring myself to complete it. For better or worse, I've sadly lost interest in working with the Warcraft universe as a whole.

Perhaps that's a bit melodramatic, but I just wanted to add a little closure, so Iz can slice Marent's name off the roster. Though I will no longer be posting pieces, I will be reading the thread as it progresses from here on out, as I've loved everything you guys have put forward so far.
Mormosi
Mormosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:33 pm

((I apologize for the delays. Work has been extremely busy.))
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mammona Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 pm

((Hey all, hope it's not too late to jump in...))

Name: Michael Swift (Blackmane)

Race: Worgen (Gilnean)

Physical Description:
Human Form:

Six feet, three inches tall. Broad shoulders and narrow waist, and relatively muscular. Skin colour takes on a bronzed hue due to long hours spent under the sun. Long black hair, tied into several braids, which are in turn tied back in a rough knot. A stern face with expressive brown eyes. A regal nose and small, hard-set mouth. The scar of his bite mark rests upon his left shoulder. Dressed in hunting leathers, with a longbow and quiver slung over his shoulder, and a long knife and axe at either hip. He wears no shoes, only strips of hardened leather.

Worgen Form:

Swift grows three inches with his transformation. Shoulders and legs bunch and ripple with muscle. Dark fur sprouts over the entirety of his body, with the longest, coarsest hair present around his neck, giving him his nickname. His braids are still present, although longer and stragglier. He possesses the long claws and teeth all worgen do, although the claws on his left hand are kept short, to enable him to draw his bow with greater accuracy while in this form. His muzzle is longer than the average worgen’s, with a perpetually twitching nose, white fangs and not a small amount of slobber.

Swift remains in his hunting leathers in this form, and still carries his weapons. The strips of leather on his feet ride up his legs, in order to give his paws freedom of purchase on the ground.
Swift is the traditional scout and hunter type. Long forays into the wild have left him silent and unwilling to speak unless absolutely necessary. His expressive eyes are due to this fact – when hunting or tacking, it is wise not to speak out loud. When around others, he tends to be uncomfortable, and unwilling to contribute anything to conversations unless asked directly.

Unlike many worgen who initially found their curse to be the sign of monsters, or a swifter way to kill, Swift saw it as an extension of his own abilities. With the senses of the wolf added to his own, he has embraced them, and uses them to their full effect when necessary. However, he can become preoccupied when hunting in his worgen form, and true to his canine nature, is single-minded to the point of obsession when hunting.

History:

Swift had lived behind the wall for quite some time. A scout before it was built, it was his role to patrol the great wall that separated Greymane’s kingdom from the rest of the world. For years he honed his skills by tracking game and searching for any outsiders who were clever (or foolish) enough to circumvent the wall.

When the worgen curse was unleashed, and the Bloodfang worgen overran the capital, Swift and the other scouts were called in to help, but while making his way back, Swift was attacked from above, and bitten on his left shoulder. Fortunately, he was found by other scouts, and brought to the capital, where he became one of those lucky enough to have his sanity restored. Since then (and the Gilnean’s re-acceptance into the Alliance), Swift has resumed his scouting duties, tracking and mapping areas for the Alliance. He goes where he is needed, and does what he has to. It is a life he prefers, out in the wilds.

Lately, however, a new player has come to the table. A new branch of the military, who is willing to give more concessions (and more payment) to those who are willing. Swift does not care who he works for, provided he is in the wild, but a few unfortunate incidents have forced to him enlist in this military branch. Hence his posting to Silithus, and his involvement in the Earthen Ring expedition. He has no idea why this conflict would interest his new employers, but he senses a personal vendetta in the midst…
Mammona
Mammona

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:44 am

Looks good to me, Mammona.

Mr. Michael Swift is welcome. Smile
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Hey folks,

I'm still working on this story, but I am swamped at work right now and hardly in the mindset. Please, keep progressing! I'm not far and I'll squeeze in a post where I can.

Big things are coming! I'm not abandoning the first story I've ever hosted.

Iz
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am

Hiya folks,

I know it's been awhile since an update.  I'm still going to work on this story.   Work has been... interesting these past few months and it's going to become even more so leading up to the event I've been helping to work on at the end of August. 

I will still be updating, but I'd also like to encourage you all to continue on.   The outcome of this story is not set in stone yet and anything is possible.  Smile

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer.   Expect a post soon.  

Iz
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:21 am

It's Thanksgiving here and I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and wonderful holiday.

Among the many things I have to be thankful for, one them is to still enjoy being able to sate my creative writing thirst with a group of fun writers as you all.

I'll be working on some updates once I recover from the turkey.
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mammona Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:33 am

Happy Thanksgiving and happy holidays to all my American friends.

We don't do thanksgiving down under, but it doesn't make me any less thankful to be writing again with you all.
Mammona
Mammona

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Hiya folks,

I'm still here and still very much interested in continuing the story. However, January, and Feb are looking to be extremely busy, so it may a few weeks before I can get something down.

I apologize for the delays and I appreciate that you all are still interested and eager in continuing this story.

Iz
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi guys,

With much disappointment, I think I’m going to have to put this story on hiatus. I have tried to work out a post for the last few months but I fear I have lost the momentum to keep it going.

Compounding to this issue was a new job I started a little over a year ago which has kept me very busy, nearly non-stop and a very busy schedule about to commence this summer.

I want to thank those of you stuck by and waited for a reply from me. I know it’s not fair that it took this long for me to realize that I can’t continue this story, especially when so many new and exciting characters were being introduced (along with some twists). Few things are as frustrating as having so many potential ideas and suddenly being unable to execute them.

I still want to write and I’ll be happy to participate in any ideas that may arise. It’s just as far as Chains go, the momentum in me is lost. If you wish to continue a story after Chains, I’ll be happy to discuss what may have happened to characters in the end with you. Just message me here.

Again, thank you all for being such wonderful writers and for sticking with my story as long as you have. Maybe after a cooling off period I may be able to recommence the story or restart it differently. Regardless, if you have a story idea, please share it. This universe is still one that I enjoy writing in.

Thanks and I’m sorry.
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurena Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 pm

NO I WANT THINGS TO CONTINUE
Lurena
Lurena

http://www.mistyrydia.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2