New Vienna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collaboration posts and Dropbox

4 posters

Go down

Collaboration posts and Dropbox Empty Collaboration posts and Dropbox

Post  Izdazi Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Heya folks!

I'm gonna put a shameless plug in here for a web tool I've been using lately. It's called Dropbox. Basically, it creates a folder just like any other on your computer (PC or Mac).

If you use more then one computer then the nice thing about Dropbox is that anything you put in that folder is synced automatically to your computers and smartphones whenever they're online. Your files can also be accessed from the Dropbox website from any computer. (No more losing USB Memory. Rolling Eyes )

The reason I mention Dropbox here is because it also allows us to create a share folder. This folder is separate from any you may create (most of your folders are private, but you can change their settings.) However, share folders allow all of us to put in and take files and it can be accessed at anytime. It could be potentially useful with collaboration posts because we won't have to deal with the slow MSN messenger file transfer or email addresses. Simply place it the New Vienna share folder for all to see.

If you're interested you can read up more about Dropbox here: Dropbox Link

Once you create an account and try it out, message me with your user email address and I'll hook you up with the New Vienna share folder. (For the sake of privacy, either email me, PM me here, or just tell me when I'm on MSN.)

Have fun and fear the penguins!
~Iz

Collaboration posts and Dropbox Dropbox_logo

Last edited by izdazi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Collaboration posts and Dropbox Empty Re: Collaboration posts and Dropbox

Post  Quixoticus Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I just created my dropbox account! This should make the process of collaborating posts less stressful and confusing.
Quixoticus
Quixoticus
Admin

https://newvienna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Tiger Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 am

I fear the penguins!

I also have an account :3
Miss Tiger
Miss Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Izdazi Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Just a reminder that if anyone wants to be setup with the New Vienna Dropbox share, after you set up your Dropbox account, please message me privately in this forum with the email address used for your account name and I'll set you up.
Izdazi
Izdazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alarde Orig Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Seems like a good idea. and i figure ive been lurking enough w/o posting drunken
Alarde Orig
Alarde Orig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum